Private events may be scheduled between 5:30 and 11 p.m., Monday—Sunday. Vendors will be allowed additional time to set up and break down.
The Florida Museum offers two primary spaces for rent — the Central Gallery and the Thompson Gallery. You can rent one or both, depending on your needs.
The Florida Museum offers a 10% discount off the venue fee for events booked in January, February, July and August.
|Thompson Gallery only||$1,600||$1,400||$1,200|
|Central Gallery only||$1,100||$900||$700|
|Butterfly Rainforest||starts at $325||starts at $325||starts at $325|
Note: Rental rates will be increasing in 2014. Book by Dec. 31, 2013 to lock in our current rates!
Fees are for venue rental only. Additional charges may include insurance, setup/breakdown, paid exhibits, equipment, and extra staffing.
- Event insurance (required): $108-$140 based on number of guests
- Security staffing (required): varies based on length of event and number of guests
- Special Exhibit or Collectors Shop pricing: varies based on length of event and number of guests
- Event overruns: $200
- Vendors overrun or fail to clean: $200
- Equipment rental: varies
- Materials storage: varies
Equipment Included in Rental
Venue fees are exclusive of sales tax. You may also be required to purchase liability insurance. Organized programming in public spaces, for purposes beyond regular Museum visitation, is not permitted by outside parties during normal Museum hours.