Private events may be scheduled between 5:30 and 11 p.m., Monday—Sunday. Vendors will be allowed additional time to set up and break down.
The Florida Museum offers two primary spaces for rent — the Central Gallery and the Thompson Gallery. You can rent one or both, depending on your needs.
The Florida Museum offers a 10% discount off the venue fee for events booked in January, February, July and August.
|Thompson Gallery only||$1,600||$1,400||$1,200|
|Central Gallery only||$1,100||$900||$700|
|Butterfly Rainforest||starts at $325||starts at $325||starts at $325|
Please note: rental rates will be increasing in Spring 2014 after Central Gallery renovations are complete.
Fees are for venue rental only. Additional charges may include insurance, setup/breakdown, paid exhibits, equipment, and extra staffing.
- Event insurance (required): $110-$140 based on number of guests
- Security staffing (required): varies
- Event overruns more than 15 minutes later than contracted end time, guests stay longer than 15 minutes after contracted event end time, or vendors stay longer than agreed-upon cleanup time (standard cleanup time is one hour): $250
- Excessive cleanup (including cleanup after vendors): $250
- Materials storage: $100
- Rental of equipment, additional galleries, or exhibits or opening of Collectors Shop: varies
- Changes to contracted guest count, event times, or agreed-upon setup: varies
- Damages: varies
Equipment Included in Rental
Venue fees are exclusive of sales tax. You may also be required to purchase liability insurance. Organized programming in public spaces, for purposes beyond regular Museum visitation, is not permitted by outside parties during normal Museum hours.