Private events may be scheduled between 5:30 and 11 p.m. every day. Two additional hours for event setup and one additional hour for strike are included with your rental.
The Florida Museum offers two rental spaces for events — the Denny Gallery and the Thompson Gallery. You can rent one or both, depending on your needs.
Private & corporate
UF-affiliated depts & nonprofit orgs
|Denny Gallery only||$1,800||$1,206|
|Thompson Gallery only||$1,200||$804|
|Butterfly Rainforest||starts at $325||starts at $325|
Fees are for venue rental only. Additional charges may include insurance, setup/strike, featured exhibits, equipment, storage and extra staffing.
- Event insurance (required): $110-$140 based on number of guests
- Security staffing (required): varies
- Event overruns more than 15 minutes later than contracted end time, guests stay longer than 15 minutes after contracted event end time or vendors stay longer than agreed-upon cleanup time (standard cleanup time is one hour): $500
- Ceremony setup fee: $150
- Excessive cleanup (including cleanup after vendors): $500
- Materials storage: $250
- Rental of equipment, additional galleries or exhibits or opening of Collectors Shop: varies
- Changes to contracted guest count, event times or agreed-upon setup: varies
- Damages: varies
Equipment Included in Rental
Venue fees are exclusive of sales tax. You may also be required to purchase liability insurance. Organized programming in public spaces, for purposes beyond regular Museum visitation, is not permitted by outside parties during normal Museum hours.