Literature Useful To The Study Of Florida Plants
NOTE: This listing is not being maintained. The contents are being migrated to the Herbarium Library catalog.
- Aulbach-Smith, Cynthia A. and Steven J. de Kozlowski. 1990. Aquatic and wetland plants of South Carolina. South Carolina Aquatic Plant Management Council in cooperation with South Carolina Water Resources Commission, Columbia, SC. viii, 123 p.
- Beal, Ernest O. 1977. A manual of marsh and aquatic vascular plants of North Carolina with habitat data. Technical Bulletin No. 247. North Carolina Agricultural Experiment Station, North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC. iv, 298 p.
- Cook, Christopher D.K., Bernardo J. Gut, E. Martyn Rix, Jakob Schneller and Marta Seitz. 1974. Water plants of the world. A manual for the identification of the genera of freshwater macrophytes. Dr. W. Junk b.v., Publishers, The Hague, Netherlands. viii, 561 p.
- den Hartog, C. 1970. The sea-grasses of the world. Verhandelingen der Koninklijke Nederlandse Akademie van Wetenschappen, Afdeling Natuurkunde, Tweede Reeks, Deel 59, No. 1. North-Holland Publ. Co., Amsterdam, Netherlands and London, England. 275 p.
- Dressler, Robert L., David W. Hall, Kent D. Perkins and Norris H. Williams. 1987. Identification manual for wetland plant species of Florida used by the Florida Department of Environmental Regulation in determining the landward extent of waters of the state. Publication No. SP-35. Institute of Food and Agricultural Sciences, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL. xi, 297 p.
- Eleuterius, Lionel N. 1981. An illustrated guide to tidal marsh plants of Mississippi and adjacent states. Publication No. MASGP-77-039. Mississippi-Alabama Sea Grant Consortium, Gulf Coast Research Laboratory, Ocean Springs, MS. 130 p.
- Eyles, Don E. and J. Lynne Robertson, Jr. 1944. A guide and key to the aquatic plants of the southeastern United States. Public Health Bulletin No. 286. Federal Security Agency, U.S. Public Health Service, Washington, DC. iv, 151 p.
- Fassett, Norman C. 1940. A manual of aquatic plants. McGraw-Hill Book Co., Inc., New York, NY. vii, 382 p.
- Godfrey, Robert K. and Jean W. Wooten. 1981. Aquatic and wetland plants of southeastern United States. Dicotyledons. University of Georgia Press, Athens, GA. 933 p.
- Godfrey, Robert K. and Jean W. Wooten. 1979. Aquatic and wetland plants of southeastern United States. Monocotyledons. University of Georgia Press, Athens, GA. 712 p.
- Hotchkiss, Neil. 1970. Common marsh plants of the United States and Canada. Resource Publication 93. Bureau of Sport Fisheries and Wildlife, Fish and Wildlife Service, U.S. Dept. of the Interior, Washington, DC. v, 99 p.
- Hotchkiss, Neil. 1972. Common marsh, underwater and floating-leaved plants of the United States and Canada. Dover Publications, Inc., New York, NY. v, 124 p. (This is a re-publication of resource publications 44 & 93.)
- Hotchkiss, Neil. 1967. Underwater and floating-leaved plants of the United States and Canada. Resource Publication 44. Bureau of Sport Fisheries and Wildlife, Fish and Wildlife Service, U.S. Dept. of the Interior, Washington, DC. vii, 124 p.
- Muenscher, Walter C. 1944. Aquatic plants of the United States. Comstock Publ. Co., Inc., Cornell University, Ithaca, NY. x, 374 p.
- Ramey, Victor, ed. 1990. Florida prohibited aquatic plants: Florida Department of Natural Resources Rule 16C-52 by authority of Florida State Statutes 369.25. Center for Aquatic Plants, Institute of Food and Agricultural Sciences, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL. [looseleaf]
- Rataj, Karel and Thomas J. Horeman. 1977. Aquarium plants: their identification, cultivation and ecology. T.F.H. Publications, Inc., Neptune City, NJ. 448 p.
- Schardt, Jeffrey D. and Larry E. Nall. 1982. 1982 aquatic flora of Florida survey report. Bureau of Aquatic Plant Research and Control, Florida Dept. of Natural Resources, Tallahassee, FL. v, 116 p.
- Stodola, Jiri. 1967. Encyclopedia of water plants. T.F.H. Publications, Inc., Jersey City, NJ. 368 p.
- Tarver, David P., John A. Rodgers, Michael J. Mahler and Robert L. Lazor. 1979. Aquatic and wetland plants of Florida. 2nd ed. Bureau of Aquatic Plant Research and Control, Florida Dept. of Natural Resources, Tallahassee, FL. 127 p.
- Tiner, Ralph W., Jr. 1993. A field guide to coastal wetland plants of the southeastern United States. The University of Massachusetts Press, Amherst, MA. xiii, 328 p.
- Tobe, John D., et al. 1998. Florida wetland plants: an identification manual. Floida Department of Environmental Protection, Tallahassee, FL and Institute of Food and Agricultural Sciences, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL. x, 598 p.
- Weldon, L.W., R.D. Blackburn and D.S. Harrison. 1969. Common aquatic weeds. Agriculture Handbook No. 352. Agricultural Research Service, U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, Washington, DC. 43 p.
- Westerdahl, Howard E. and Kurt D. Getsinger, eds. 1988. Aquatic plant identification and herbicide use guide. Volume II: aquatic plants and susceptibility to herbicides. Technical Report A-88-9. Aquatic Plant Control Research Program, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Washington, DC. 104 p.
[top of page]
Last content update: 24 March 1997
Compiled by: Kent D. Perkins, University of Florida Herbarium
Copyright ©, 1995-2003 University of Florida Herbarium / Florida Museum of Natural History