Literature Useful To The Study Of Florida Plants
Endangered, Rare and Endemic Species
NOTE: This listing is not being maintained. The contents are being migrated to the Herbarium Library catalog.
- Ayensu, Edward S. and Robert A. DeFilipps. 1978. Endangered and threatened plants of the United States. Smithsonian Institution, Washington, DC. xv, 403 p.
- Duncan, Wilbur H., et al. 1970. Endangered, rare and uncommon wildflowers found on the southern national forests. Forest Service, U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, Washington, DC.
- Kral, Robert. 1983. A report on some rare, threatened, or endangered forest-related vascular plants of the South. 2 vols. Technical Publication R8-TP 2. USDA Forest Service, Atlanta, GA. x, iv, 1305 p.
- Loope, Lloyd L. and George N. Avery. 1979. A preliminary report on rare plant species in the flora of the National Park Service areas of South Florida. Report M-548. South Florida Research Center, Everglades National Park, Homestead, FL. 42 p.
- Lucas, Gren and Hugh Synge, compilers. 1978. The IUCN plant red data book. International Union for Conservation of Nature and Natural Resources (IUCN), Switzerland. 540 p.
- Morse, Larry E. and Mary Sue Henifin, eds. 1981. Rare plant conservation: geographical data organization. New York Botanical Garden, Bronx, NY. v, 377 p.
- Muller, James W., E. Dennis Hardin, Dale R. Jackson, Stephen E. Gatewood and Nancy Caire. 1988. Summary report on the vascular plants, animals and plant communities endemic to Florida. Technical Report No. 7. Nongame Wildlife Program, Florida Game and Fresh Water Fish Commission, Tallahassee, FL. viii, 113 p.
- Prance, Ghillean T. and Thomas S. Elias, eds. 1977. Extinction is forever: threatened and endangered species of plants in the Americas and their significance in ecosystems today and in the future. New York Botanical Garden, Bronx, NY. vi, 437 p.
- Synge, Hugh, ed. 1981. The biological aspects of rare plant conservation. John Wiley and Sons, Somerset, NJ. xxviii, 558 p.
- Ward, Daniel B., ed. 1979. Rare and endangered biota of Florida: volume five: plants. University of Florida Press, Gainesville, FL. xxix, 175 p.
- Wood, Don A. 1981. Endangered species: concepts, principles, and programs: a bibliography. Florida Game and Fresh Water Fish Commission, Tallahassee, FL. iii, 228 p.
- Wood, Don A. 1991. Legal accommodation of Florida's endangered species, threatened species and species of special concern: 1 July 1991. Florida Game and Fresh Water Fish Commission, Tallahassee, FL. 19 p.
- Wood, Don A. 1993. Official lists of endangered and potentially endangered fauna and flora in Florida: 1 October 1993. Florida Game and Fresh Water Fish Commission, Tallahassee, FL. ii, 22 p.
[top of page]
Last content update: 24 March 1997
Compiled by: Kent D. Perkins, University of Florida Herbarium
Copyright ©, 1995-2003 University of Florida Herbarium / Florida Museum of Natural History