Literature Useful To The Study Of Florida Plants
NOTE: This listing is not being maintained. The contents are being migrated to the Herbarium Library catalog.
- Blomberry, Alec and Tony Rodd. 1982. Palms: an informative, practical guide to palms of the world: their cultivation, care and landscape use. Angus & Robertson Publishers, London, England and Sydney, Australia. 199 p.
- Corner, E.J.H. 1966. The natural history of palms. University of California Press, Berkley, CA. 393 p.
- Henderson, Andrew, Glora Galeano and Rodrigo Bernal. 1995. Field guide to the palms of the Americas. Princeton University Press, Princeton, NJ. viii, 352 p.
- Jones, David L. 1995. Palms throughout the world. Smithsonian Institution Press, Washington, DC. 410 p.
- Langlois, Arthur C. 1976. Supplement to palms of the world. University Presses of Florida, Gainesville, FL. xiii, 252 p.
- McCurrach, James C. 1960. Palms of the world. Harper and Brothers, New York, NY. xxxv, 290 p.
- Meerow, Alan W. 1992. Betrock's guide to landscape palms. Betrock Information Systems, Inc., Cooper City, FL. xiv, 153 p.
- Moore, Harold E., Jr. 1973. The major groups of palms and their distribution. Gentes Herbarum 11(2): 27-141. Recently reprinted by L.H. Bailey Hortorium, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY.
- Moore, Harold E., Jr. and Natalie W. Uhl. 1982. Major trends of evolution in palms. Botanical Review 48: 1-69.
- Stevenson, George B. 1974. Palms of South Florida. Published by the author. 251 p.
- Uhl, Natalie W. and John Dransfield. 1987. Genera palmarum: a classification of palms based on the work of Harold E. Moore, Jr. L.H. Bailey Hortorium and The International Palm Society, Allen Press, Lawrence, KS. xxi, 610 p.
[top of page]
Last content update: 24 March 1997
Compiled by: Kent D. Perkins, University of Florida Herbarium
Copyright ©, 1995-2003 University of Florida Herbarium / Florida Museum of Natural History