- Contact Information (address, phone, fax, email)
- Staff (also see our Staff, Student and Associate Directory)
- Description of the Collection Holdings
- Loan Policies
- Destructive Analysis Policy Statement and Agreement
The bryophyte and lichen collection of the University of Florida Herbarium (FLAS) is located at 379 Dickinson Hall in the Florida Museum of Natural History on the UF campus. Room 379 is in the west wing of the street level of Dickinson Hall on Museum Road, just west of Newell Drive. The on line UF campus map may help you locate Dickinson Hall on the University of Florida campus.
Monday - Friday 9am - 12 noon; 1 pm to 5 pm, except for holidays and subject to staff availability.
This collection is available for consulation by researchers only by appointment. Please contact the Collection Manager to arrange for consultation of specimens prior to your visit.
|CONTACT INFORMATION||(also see our complete Staff, Student and Associate Directory)|
For inquiries and official correspondence, contact: Kent D. Perkins Manager of the Collection University of Florida Herbarium (FLAS) Florida Museum of Natural History 379 Dickinson Hall PO Box 110575 Gainesville, FL 32611-0575 USA Telephone: (352) 273-1990 FAX: (352) 846-2016 EMail: herb@[no spam]flmnh.ufl.edu
|STAFF||(also see our complete Staff, Student and Associate Directory)|
Manager of the Collection:
|THE BRYOPHYTE AND LICHEN COLLECTION|
The University of Florida Bryophyte and Lichen Collection contains approximately 160,000 bryophyte and lichen specimens. The collection is worldwide in scope with an excellent representation of species from Florida and tropical areas such as Costa Rica, Venezuela and Brazil.
Important collections include:
- Dana G. Griffin, III (Florida, Venezuela, Costa Rica, Brazil, Colombia)
- Severin Rapp
Collection Databases - Our North American bryophyte and lichen specimens are being cataloged into national portals. This work is supported by a grant from the National Science Foundation.
- Digitization of Lichens and Bryophytes at the UF Herbarium (FLAS) - project web page (NSF Award #1206394, 2012-2015)
- North American bryophytes - search page for FLAS collections in the Consortium of North American Bryophyte Herbaria portal
- North American lichens - search page for FLAS collections in the Consortium of North American Lichen Herbaria portal
Bryophyte and Lichen Literature
- Field oriented keys to the Florida lichens, December 12, 2015 Version by Roger Rosentreter, Ann M. DeBolt and Barry Kaminsky.
- Selected Botanical WWW Sites, links to bryophytes and lichen web sites are listed in the Plant Scientific Names and Authorities section.