Herbaria & Collections
- Search the Smithsonian (US) collection of nearly 2000 melastome
- Search the entire collection at the New York Botanical Garden
- Type specimens at the New York Botanical Garden (NY).
- Type and general specimens at the Harvard University Herbaria
- Type specimens at the University of Florida herbarium (FLAS).
the Museum National d'Histoire Naturelle (P).
- A directory of genera, species, and collection label data for
Melastomataceae in the collection at the Instituto Nacional de
Biodiversidad (INBio), Costa Rica.
- Dig through layers of information on Central American plants.
Flora of the Cerrado, Sao Paolo, Brazil - A search of this
database from the Base de Dados Tropical yields species along
with nice photos.
French Guiana - A collections database of Melastomataceae
Brazil - This collections database is part of a NYBG floristics
and economic botany project.
NCBI - Search GenBank
for DNA sequences of melastomes.
- Index to Plant Chromosome Numbers.
plants - Search the World Conservation Monitoring Center (part
of the IUCN) for threatened species.
trees - Similar to the previous link, this one provides data
only on tree species.
- A collection of images of melastomes from Tropicos; many are