Phylogeny and Classification of the Orchid Family
by Robert L. Dressler, Adjunct Curator of Vascular Plants, University of Florida Herbarium (FLAS)
Phylogeny and Classification of the Orchid Family by Robert L. Dressler
This comprehensive reference by the world renowned orchidologist is the 1994 winner of the Henry Allan Gleason Award of the New York Botanical Garden. It includes:
For ordering information contact:
Timber Press, Inc.
9999 Southwest Wilshire, Suite 124
Portland, OR 97225
- 314 p. with 96 color photos, 12 b&w photos, 66 illustrated plates, 22 cladograms.
- Detailed introductory chapters on orchid morphology, anatomy, and chemistry, emphasizing phylogenetically important features.
- Summary of orchid phylogeny and detailed discussions on major orchid groups.
- The author's classification and phylogenetic analyses.
- Glossary of technical terms.
- Appendices: Keys to major orchid groups; list of all orchid genera by subfamily.
[News and Announcements]