Terry A. Lott
Preparator and Lab Manager
Florida Museum of Natural History
University of Florida
Gainesville, FL 32611-7800, USA
Tel: 352 273-1933
Email: lott (add "@flmnh.ufl.edu" to end)
• Revision of the Miocene leaf flora of Alum Bluff, Florida.
• Physical and virtual sectioning of three-dimensionally preserved permineralized fruits and flowers.
• Database compilation of Early Cretaceous Angiosperms
• Authored manuscripts (in preparation) dealing with fossil plants of the Pleistocene of Costa Rica, and fossil legume flower and Smilax leaves of the Eocene of Tennessee
• Maintenance of the genetic resources collection of FLMNH.
• Manage chemical laboratory and light microscopy facilities.
• Preparation and guidance in preparation of plant megafossil and microfossil specimens, and comparative extant materials for detailed morphological and anatomical analyses.
• Prepare and edit photographic and digital images for scientific papers, posters, presentations and surveys.
• Review and edit manuscripts.
• Maintain and order equipment, supplies and chemicals, for photography, imaging, laboratory and office spaces.
• Paleobotany Collection tours and numerous museum related symposia/paleofest.
• Assist: Numerous projects associated with visiting scholars, post-doctoral, graduate, undergraduate, and high school students dealing with character analysis of fossil and modern plants.
• Identification and analysis of extant plants specimens for the FLAS Herbarium.
Top of Page | Paleobotany and Palynology Home