Help Desk Supervisor
The Office of Museum Technology (OMT) Help Desk Supervisor position functions as part of a team that provides desktop support to 500+ Windows and Apple computers. This position supervises one or more Help Desk employees and volunteers while working as a lead technician in the Help Desk. Must be able to initiate new projects and lead them to 100% completion. The position is required to lift and carry equipment weighing up to 40 pounds.
- Triage the ticket queue throughout the work day and assign/work tickets appropriately
- Supervise and conduct hardware break fix operations (e.g. hardware diagnostics, memory upgrades, hard drive replacements, coordinating warranty service, etc.)
- Supervise and conduct basic network troubleshooting and workstation configuration in a Microsoft Active Directory environment
- Supervise and conduct technology purchasing (new desktops, laptops, tablets, monitors, peripherals, etc.)
- Supervise and conduct end user training and create tutorial content
- Create and update technical documentation
- Contribute to update and enforcement of work standards
- Initiate, develop and implement projects, protocols and procedures to improve technology services provided to museum end users, and participate in ongoing IT-related projects.
- Maintain and update Windows and Macintosh desktop images and deployment processes (e.g. update images for existing operating systems to include current errata and hotfixes, create images for new operating system versions, create and maintain scripts for automated deployment, etc.)
- Compile and report Help Desk ticketing system, survey results, and customer service analytics to Help Desk staff and OMT leadership
- Maintain and develop skillset on current technologies as appropriate.
- Think and operate independently while functioning as part of the team.
Position closes: June 7, 2016
Interested in volunteering with OMT? Visit the Museum Volunteers site to get started!