Archie F. Carr Award Ceremony
Florida Museum - 3215 Hull Road, SW 34th Street and Hull Road Gainesville, FL 32611 GET DIRECTIONS
The University of Florida and the Florida Museum of Natural History invite you to honor the 2013 recipient of The Archie F. Carr Medal:
Dr. Nalini Nadkarni
University of Utah
4-5 p.m. Presentation by Dr. Nalini Nadkarni "Poets, Pulpits, Prisons, and Peer-Review: The Many Pathways to Conservation"
5-6 p.m. Medal presentation and reception
The Carr Medal honors the late Archie F. Carr, University of Florida zoology professor and world authority on sea turtles. The medal recognizes outstanding national and international contributions to the knowledge, understanding, and appreciation of our natural heritage. Recipients are chosen by a national jury appointed by the Director of the Florida Museum of Natural History.
Past Medal Recipients
- 1979 Edward O. Wilson, Ph.D., Harvard University
- 1983 Thomas Eisner, Ph.D., Cornell University
- 1987 Peter H. Raven, Ph.D., Missouri Botanical Garden
- 1989 Jared M. Diamond, Ph.D., University of California, Los Angeles
- 1990 Thomas E. Lovejoy, Ph.D., Smithsonian Institution
- 1997 Michael E. Soulé, Ph.D., University of California, Santa Cruz
- 2001 John F. Eisenberg, Ph.D., University of Florida Jay M. Savage, Ph.D., University of Miami