School Groups Overview
School groups include students in grades K-8 who are home-schooled or enrolled in public or private schools.
The Florida Museum offers the following field trip opportunities for school groups:
- Guided School Programs
Join our Museum docents for hands-on classroom activities and interactive walks through our state-of-the-art exhibits and outdoor natural areas.
- Self-Guided Visits
Suitable for groups that prefer to visit the Museum without the benefit of docents or staff.
NOTICE: The Butterfly Rainforest exhibit will close early at 4 p.m., with last admission at 3:30 p.m., from Aug. 16 through Oct. 6, 2016, for scheduled maintenance. The exhibit also will be closed all day Wednesday, Sept. 7 and Wednesday, Oct. 5, 2016, for roof maintenance. We apologize for the inconvenience.
How to Schedule a Program
- Select your guided or self-guided program.
- Identify your preferred program date and time, as well as several alternate days.
- Determine the number of students and chaperones. One chaperone for every 10 children is recommended.
- Schedule your program online.
- A confirmation packet will be emailed to you. Review the confirmation packet and contact us if any information is incorrect. Please note that your visit is not confirmed until you receive a confirmation from the Museum.
Student and Teacher Programs Annual Guide
Be sure to check out our Museum Visit Resources for exhibit guides, activities and more!