Welcome to the Florida Museum!
Enjoy hundreds of exotic butterflies in a rain forest setting, witness a South Florida Calusa Indian welcoming ceremony, experience a life-size limestone cave and see a mammoth and mastodon from the last ice age.
Visiting with Kids?
- The Discovery Room has many fun, hands-on activities that foster critical thinking, creativity and collaboration.
- There are several kid-friendly exhibits with components to see and touch, including a limestone cave that invites exploration and collection drawers to open and examine.
- Strollers are permitted in all Museum exhibits except the Butterfly Rainforest.
- Save on admission with a Household Membership. Two adults and unlimited children ages 3-17 in the same household receive FREE admission to the Butterfly Rainforest and all temporary exhibits for one year, as well as other great benefits!
Visiting with a Group?
- Discounted rates are available for community and school groups.
- Review our exhibit guides for background information, related activities and additional resources.
Visiting on a Budget?
- General admission to most of the Museum's permanent exhibits is free.
- Value tickets are available providing discounted admission to the Butterfly Rainforest and current temporary exhibition.
Visiting the Collections?
- Except for the McGuire Center for Lepidoptera and Biodiversity Lepidoptera collections, the Museum’s collections are housed in Dickinson Hall, located two miles from the exhibition center. This building is not open to the public, and all visitors must make an appointment with a staff member to gain entry. Dickinson Hall visitation information
- McGuire Center visitors should enter the main Museum exhibition building and check in at the front desk.