Literature Useful To The Study Of Florida Plants
NOTE: This listing is not being maintained. The contents are being migrated to the Herbarium Library catalog.
- Allen, Charles M. 1992. Grasses of Louisiana. 2nd ed. Cajun Prairie Habitat Preservation Society, Eunice, LA. iv, 320 p.
- Brown, Lauren. 1979. Grasses, an identification guide. Houghton Mifflin, Boston, MA. viii, 240 p.
- Chapman, G.P. and W.E. Peat. 1992. An introduction to the grasses (including bamboos and cereals). CAB International, Tucson, AZ. viii, 111 p.
- Chase, Agnes. 1964, reprinted 1977. First book of grasses: the structure of grasses explained for beginners. 3rd ed. Smithsonian Institution Press, Washington, DC. xix, 127 p.
- Chase, Agnes and Cornelia D. Niles. 1962. Index to grass species. 3 vols. Published for the Smithsonian Institution by G.K. Hall and Co., Boston, MA. Vol. 1: iii, 608 p.; Vol. 2: 598 p.; Vol.3: 537 p.
- Farrelly, David. 1984. The book of bamboos. Sierra Club Books, San Francisco, CA. 332, <8> p.
- Gould, Frank W. 1978. Common Texas grasses, an illustrated guide. Texas A&M University Press, College Station, TX. x, 267 p.
- Gould, Frank W. 1975. The grasses of Texas. Texas A&M University Press, College Station, TX. viii, 653 p.
- Gould, Frank W. 1951, reprinted 1977. Grasses of the southwestern United States. The University of Arizona Press, Tuscon, AZ. 343 p.
- Gould, Frank W. and Robert B. Shaw. 1983. Grass systematics. 2nd ed. Texas A&M University Press, College Station, TX. ix, 397 p.
- Grounds, Roger. 1979, published in U.S. in 1981. Ornamental grasses. Van Nostrand Reinhold Co., New York, NY. 216 p.
- Hall, David W. 1978. The grasses of Florida. Ph.D. Dissertation, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL. vi, 498 p. Order #7913279, Univ. Microfilms International, Ann Arbor, MI. [Abstract in: Dissertations Abstracts International 39(12), 1979]
- Hitchcock, A.S., 2nd ed. rev. by A. Chase. 1971. Manual of the grasses of the United States. Dover Publications, Inc., New York, NY. 1051 p. [Unabridged replication of 1950 2nd rev. ed. published as U.S. Dept. of Agriculture Miscellaneous Publication No. 200 by U.S. Government Printing Office, Washington, DC.]
- Knoblock, I.W. 1968. A checklist of crosses in the Gramineae. Published by the author, East Lansing, MI. 170 p.
- Leithead, Horace L., Lewis L. Yarlett and Thomas N. Shiflet. February 1971. 100 native forage grasses in 11 southern states. Agriculture Handbook No. 389. Soil Conservation Service, U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, Washington, DC. 216 p.
- McClure, Floyd Alonzo. 1966. The bamboos: a fresh perspective. Harvard University Press, Cambridge, MA. xv, 347 p.
- Oakes, A.J. 1990. Ornamental grasses and grasslike plants. Van Nostrand Reinhold Company, New York, NY. ix, 614 p.
- Roshevits, R. Yu. 1980. Grasses, an introduction to the study of fodder and cereal grasses. Published for the Smithsonian Institution and the National Science Foundation, Washington, DC by the Indian National Scientific Documentation Centre, New Delhi, India. vi, 635 p. Distributed by the U.S. Dept. of Commerce, National Technical Information Service, Springfield, VA.
- Smith, James Payne, Jr. 1981. A key to the genera of grasses of the conterminous United States. 6th ed. Mad River Press, Eureka, CA. 82 p.
- Yarlett, Lewis L. 1996. Common grasses of Florida and the Southeast. The Florida Native Plant Society, Spring Hill, FL. viii, 167 p.
- Yarlett, Lewis L. 1965. Important native grasses for range conservation in Florida. U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, Soil Conservation Service, Gainesville, FL. iii, 163 p. Also includes: "General map of ecological communities of Florida".
- Younger, V.B. and C.M. McKell, eds. 1972. The biology and utilization of grasses. Physiological ecology series. Academic Press Inc., New York, NY. xx, 426 p.
[top of page]
Last content update: 24 March 1997
Compiled by: Kent D. Perkins, University of Florida Herbarium
Copyright ©, 1995-2003 University of Florida Herbarium / Florida Museum of Natural History