- Collection Organization
- Families: Circumscription
- Modern (Angiosperm Phylogeny Group, APGIII), Engler and Prantl, Bentham and Hooker, Cronquist.
- Families: Arrangement
- Phylogenetic: common systems: Engler and Prantl, Bentham and Hooker, Cronquist, modern based on APGIII or in clades.
Pros: May be of help to plant identification.
- Alphabetical by Family: You still must choose a system for circumscription of families.
Pros: Generally easier for inexperienced users.
- Genera: alphabetical or phylogenetic.
- Adding new families, especially new ones that don't "fit" the system.
- Adding new genera.
- Where to file cultivated plants? Under the original place of collection, if it is known? Completely separate from the collection?
- Special collections: types, historic sets.
- Folders and Other Collection Storage Materials
These materials must all be of archival quality and have a significant cost.
Specimen Repair (see brief explaination in the FLAS mounting guide)
Specimen Nomenclature Updates
Pest Control and Fumigation
- "genus" folders - > $0.50 each
- "species" covers - ca. $0.25 each
- custom made white, paper covers - ca. 0.13 each