Dr. Bruce J. MacFadden
Distinguished Professor & Curator of Vertebrate Paleontology
Florida Museum of Natural History
Dickinson Hall, Rm. 218
1659 Museum Road
Gainesville, Florida 32611-7800
Ph.D. Columbia University, 1976; B.S. Cornell University, 1971
Concurrent (Courtesy) Appointments
Biology, Geological Sciences, Latin American Studies, and Veterinary Medicine
Current External Funding
GABI RET project, NSF, EAR, PI/PD, $350,000.
FOSSIL project, NSF, DRL, PI/PD, $1,972,000.
PIRE: Ancient biodiversity and global change in the New World tropics: A once-in-a-century opportunity along the Panama Canal, NSF, OISE 0966884, PI/PD $3,800,001.
Digitization HUB: A collections digitization framework for the 21st Century, NSF, BIO, EF 1115210, Co-PI (Director of Education and Outreach) $12,000,000
Featured in Science Stories:
- Discovery of over 100 new species fuels drive to document biodiversity
- Museum program inspires teachers to seek new horizons in science
- Museum researchers name new ancient camels from Panama Canal excavation
- Isthmus of Panama formed as result of plate tectonics
- The Andes’ Mountainous Paradox: so tall, so young
- Science Story: ‘Terror Bird’ Arrived in North America Before Land Bridge