Systematics, paleoecology, biogeography, and biostratigraphy of Cenozoic macro-invertebrates of the southeastern USA, Caribbean, and Central and South America with an emphasis on arthropods, echinoderms, brachiopods, and mollusks.
Selected Current Projects
- Walking across the Island Arc: The Oligocene volcanic to sedimentary evolution of Antigua, West Indies (National Geographic)
- Macroevolutionary consequences of profound climate change on niche evolution in marine mollusks
- Estimating extinction risk as a function of niche breadth and geographic range size using Pliocene to Recent mollusks
- Two enigmas, one fossil assemblage: Gigantism and dolomitization in the Miocene of Florida
- A new genus of Teredinidae (Bivalvia) from the lower Miocene Chipola Formation of Florida
- New fossil crabs from the early Paleocene of Alabama